Monday, August 8, 2016

Why do we do things in the hard way?

I have been thinking lately, why do we sometimes do things in the hard way? This question came to my mind while I was reading a story in some book. The writer used a hard, academic, complicated and unknown words (for me). I started thinking, what is going to happen if the writer used easy popular words like the words we are using everyday with our friends and in our daily communication with other people? Does it going to make him a bad writer? Are people really looking for unfamiliar words to enjoy?

Another example of doing things in the hard way is ( which I did it before) taking the risk of something. For example, going to climb Everest mountain without a guide, while you can easily get one, and there are many of them will voluntarily come with you looking for some fun. People may jump into a deep water to swim without carrying a life jacket. Does it bring more fun? Or it is just a stupid idea as Irving Rosenfeld describes such behavior,It's the crazy thing about people. The more you say no, the more they want in on something. It is so stupid.”

I tried to look for answers to these questions, but I couldn’t  get convincing reasons. Maybe people are looking to be special and unique? maybe it is just the right way things should be done? Is it just stupid thoughts? Who knows?

resource
http://permaculturenews.org/2016/06/23/why-we-do-things-the-hard-way/

No comments:

Post a Comment